Are bugs the food of the future? Should I start a bug farm? What’s the best way to cook them? All that and more on today’s episode, featuring the amazing Soleil Ho, food critic at the San Francisco Chronicle, host of the podcast Extra Spicy, and founder of the podcast Racist Sandwich.
- Edible Insects – Future prospects for food and feed security (PDF)
- U.N. Urges Eating Insects; 8 Popular Bugs to Try
- Insects May Be The Taste Of The Next Generation, Report Says
- How to Develop an Appetite for Insects
- Methane production in terrestrial arthropods
- Three decades of global methane sources and sinks
- Roasted Winged Termites Are My Favourite Monsoon Snack, Even If Others Might Not Find it ‘Appropriate’
- Don Bugito (Oakland insect eatery Soleil mentioned owned & operated by Monica Martinez.)
- We Already Grow Enough Food for 10 Billion People … and Still Can’t End Hunger
- U.N. Warns Number Of People Starving To Death Could Double Amid Pandemic
Advice For And From The Future is written, edited and performed by Rose Eveleth. The theme music is by Also, Also, Also. The logo is by Frank Okay. Additional music this episode provided by Blue Dot Sessions.
To get even more, you can become a Flash Forward Presents Time Traveler for access to behind the scenes exclusive content, early access to new shows, and other surprises & goodies.
- Better Help: Take charge of your mental health with the help of an experienced professional.Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/futureadvice.
- Shaker & Spoon: A subscription cocktail service that helps you learn how to make hand-crafted cocktails right at home. Get $20 off your first box at shakerandspoon.com/futureadvice.
- Tab for a Cause: A browser extension that lets you raise money for charity while doing your thing online. Whenever you open a new tab, you’ll see a beautiful photo and a small ad. Part of that ad money goes toward a charity of your choice! Join team Advice For And From The future by signing up at tabforacause.org/futureadvice.
- Tavour: Tavour is THE app for fans of beer, craft brews, and trying new and exciting labels. You sign up in the app and can choose the beers you’re interested in (including two new ones DAILY) adding to your own personalized crate. Use code: futureadvice for $10 off after your first order of $25 or more.
- Purple Carrot: Purple Carrot is THE plant-based subscription meal kit that makes it easy to cook irresistible meals to fuel your body. Each week, choose from an expansive and delicious menu of dinners, lunches, breakfasts, and snacks! Get $30 off your first box by going to www.purplecarrot.com and entering code futureadvice at checkout today! Purple Carrot, the easiest way to eat more plants!